1. if you’re reading this, I guess that means that the world didn’t come to an end. yet. so i guess that’s good. but after how things have been going in the world the last few months, maybe it’s also not so good. while it has been a really good year for me personally, i almost feel bad about that since everything else seems so crappy. survivors guilt, i guess.
2. there’s still some time to enter the last of the “i like you, too x1000” giveaway for a free bsquared mini session. i’ll be choosing a winner using random.org over Christmas break. Head on over to the blog post here, and just leave a comment there. Easy peasy. I’ll notify the winner via email (so don’t forget to include that!)
3. the saying about the shoemakers kids is ringing quite true this year for me. I have NO christmas card to send out this year for the first time ever (wow, maybe it really is the end of the world!) It’s my goal over break to take a good picture of the boys on the beach and get that out for a New Years card. So be on the lookout for that after 1/8 or so. I haven’t photographed my own boys with anything other than my iPhone in a while. Sad, but true.
4. Vacation cannot come soon enough. But it’s never really fully vacation- working on next year’s bsquared pricing and packages and products from the beach & pool. (ok, so its not entirely bad!) For those of you interested in booking a session for 2013, the calendar will officially be open in mid January for booking thru the end of May 2013. If you’ve already contacted me about an event in 2013, you’re already penciled in on the calendar and I will get your welcome packet and all info out to you by mid January. Looking forward to seeing all of your smiling faces.
5. I went to my annual photografriends holiday party on Wednesday night and had a ball. It’s such a great group of people and it makes it even more special that I was voted as the year’s best family photographer by my peers. And even better? I’m sharing the “title” with my photografriend Shira of Shira Z Photography. Love her! Last year I won for dropping the most F bombs. It’s good to be recognized for my true talents.
6. I know it’s 5 for Friday, but it’s my blog and I’ll make it 6 since I have one more very important announcement to make. In January- March 2013 in addition to the “i like you too” free mini session, I’ll also be offering 2 spots for “Sandy Sessions”; free mini sessions to honor the victims of both Hurricane Sandy and the 26 angels from Sandy Hook, CT. This one is going to be a little different though. In order to win a Sandy Session, you must be nominated by a friend or family member.
If you know of someone who is deserving of a free bsquared mini session because of losses suffered in the Sandy storm (loss of a home, belongings, or even family photos) please email me a short letter about the family you’re nominating and why you think they should receive a free session.
If you know of someone who is deserving of a free bsquared mini session because of all of the wonderful things they do for others or because they would otherwise be unable to afford/schedule a bsquared session for pictures of their children/family (to honor the 6 teachers and 20 children taken from their families and friends in such a horrible manner) please email me a short letter about the family/individual you’re nominating and why you think they should receive a free session.
I will choose 2 winners for mini sessions. I can’t wait to read your submissions and photograph some amazing families! Please email me at bethbeyrer at yahoo dot com and put Sandy Sessions in the subject. All emails will be confidential.